Frankly speaking, I wouldn't have reacted to Lydia Forson's letter to ARCHBISHOP NICHOLAS DUNCAN WILLIAMS.
But upon a second thought, I think it will be appropriately right to critically critique our "Hollywood" actress...Yeah, she is a Star - if you care to know - Just that being a star is nowhere near a Celebrity. Angelina Jolie is a Celebrity!
Well, what did Lydia Forson request of Archbishop to do; will he marry her?
1. Ghanaian culture does not allow women to propose to men...Lydia's frustration; why must she make demands on a married man to marry her - frustration - Please Go look for your own.
2. Why would you ask an already married man to marry or re-marry you? Is it that it's your habit to snatch ladies' husbands or you now hope to be a husband snatcher??? Bad news, girl...very bad!
3. Well, sorry for you being a victim of single parenting. But Miss Lydia Forson, who do you blame?
4. The Archbishop was sermonizing women to do the right thing. However, I get it that saying the ratio of women to men is 7:1 is a bit off. To an extent, I think I may have to agree with you [Miss Lydia] on that.
But if you had taken time to listen without jumping in shock, Miss Lydia Forson; you would have got the opportunity to write down the quotation since it came from God's word.
"In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, "We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!" -Isaiah 4:1; there you have it, Miss Lydia.
Except you want to tell me that God got it all wrong and mixed up!!
5. Since when did telling ladies the right thing to do in marriage or before marriage become an insult. Oh! Is it because Archbishop said if you're beautiful and no man comes to propose, you shall rot in your beauty or intelligence?
Oh yeah, I think that can be argued since I'm beginning to side with you - Miss Lydia - that was harsh!
Because Paul in the bible gave us option to marry or not…
Nonetheless, before you blow your emotions on the ground like you did in your sarcastic letters; you should realize that marriage is indeed a privilege, not a right. Maybe that's why you're not yet married! Every person can choose not to marry too.
Anyways, I must commend you...you really can speak English but English will not take you to marriage. Character will????
Watch Archbishop Duncan Williams
Source: Ameyaw Adu Gyamfi
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|