Mr. Kwadwo Adjei-Dwomoh, Nkoranza North District Chief Executive (DCE), at the weekend advised Ghanaians to handle fire and electrical gadgets with care to avoid domestic fire outbreaks.
He gave the advice when he presented relief items worth GHc 240 to Mr. Kofi Amankwaah, a 42 year-old farmer, whose two-bedroom house was gutted by fire a fortnight ago, at Bonte.
The items, donated by the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO), included a bundle of roofing sheets, plastic cups and plates, two student’s mattresses, a bag of rice, a pair of Wellington boots and second hand clothing.
Mr. Adjei-Dwomoh asked the people to take good care of their properties and prevent their children from handling naked fire and electrical appliances.
Mr. Benson Boadum Acheampong, Nkoranza District Coordinator of NADMO, expressed the organization’s regret about the incident, in which Mr. Amankwaah and his family lost all their personal belongings.
Mr. Amankwaah praised the DCE for liaising with NADMO to provide the items.
Nana Krobea Asante Sarpong, Chief of Bonte, commended government for providing the relief items to the affected victims.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|