Fire razed down about 17 shops in the Suame Magazine in the Ashanti Region on Sunday afternoon.
The fire, which started around 1:30 PM, gutted the shops before Fire Service personnel were able to bring the situation under control.
XYZ News’ Ashanti Regional Correspondent, Isaac Bediako Justice reported that, three fire tenders had to be brought in to bring the fire under control after an hour.
Even though the fire men are not certain about what might have sparked the fire, some shop owners say the fire might have emanated from one of the shops where car batteries are charged.
According to them, after power was restored following an outage, there was a spark from the shop where the charger is and they believe this might have the source of the furnace.
The Fire Service in the area have commenced investigations into the incident.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|