Vice President of Ghana, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, is on his way to Kpembi for the funeral of the late Lepowura Alhaji MND Jawula.
The Vice President is also captured being accompanied by 40 Members of Parliament (MPs), who were seen seated in a bus from the Tamale Airport to Kpembi in the Savanah Region.
Some of the Members of Parliament captured are the Majority Leader, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu, Shiela Bartels, Mustapha Yussif, Frank Annoh-Dompreh, Habib Iddrisu, Dr Prince Armah, and Steven Jalulah, among others.
The late Lepowura Alhaji Jawula, who was the former chairman of the Ghana Football Association, died in Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America, on January 21, 2023.
In line with Islamic practice, the veteran football administrator and politician was buried in the United States on Sunday, January 22.
The former chairman of the Ghana Football Association would have clocked 74 years old in May.
He held the affairs of Ghana football from 1997 to 2001. His reign saw the U-17 team place 2nd and 3rd in the 1997 and 1999 World Cups, respectively, and the U-20 team place 2nd in the 2001 World Cup edition.
Until his death, he was the chairman of the Ghana Premier League Management Committee, a CAF Interclub Committee member, and a board member of GPL side A Real Tamale United.
Some NPP MPs on board include
1. Hon Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu- MP for Suame
2. Hon Frank Annoh-Dompreh - MP Nsawam Adoagyiri
3. Hon. Kennedy Osei-Nyarko - MP, Akim Swedru
4. Hon. Alex Tetteh - MP, Sefwi Akontombra
5. Hon. Sheila Bartels - MP, Ablekuma North
6. Hon. Farouk Aliu Mahama - MP, Yendi
7. Hon. Habib Iddrisu - MP, Tolon
8. Hon. Hassan Tampuli - MP, Gushegu
9. Hon. Iddi Abdullah - MP, Salaga North
10. Hon. Alex Agyare - MP, Kade
11. Hon. Amidu Chinia - MP, Sissala East
12. Hon. Abanga Abdulai - MP, Binduri
13. Hon. Tahidu Abdul Razak - MP, Cheripuni
14. Hon. Dr. Prince Armah - MP, Kwesimintim
15. Hon. Steven Jalulah - MP, Pru West
16. Hon. Oscar liwal - MP, Yunyoo
17. Hon. Hardi Tuferu - MP, Nanton
18. Hon. John Benbam Jabaah - Zabzugu
19. Hon. Joseph Cudjoe - MP, Effia
20. Hon. Collins Ntim - MP, Offinso North
21. Hon. Okyere-Agyekum - MP, Fanteakwa South
22.Hon. Dr Amin Anta - MP, Karaga
23 Hon.Mustapha Ussif - MP, Yagba - Kubori
24. Hon. Kofi Marfo - MP, Achiase
25. Hon. Akwasi Konadu - MP, Manhyia North
26.. Hon. Nana Eyiah - MP, Gomoah Central
27. Hon. Freda Prempeh - MP, Tano North
28 .Hon. Elvis Morris Donkor - MP, Abura/Asebu/Kwamankesse
29. Hon. Philip Basoa - MP, Kumawu
30. Hon. Tina Mensah - MP, Weija Gbawe
31. Paul Twum-Barimah - MP, Dormaa East
32. Hon. Dominic Nitiwul-MP, Bimbilla
33.Hon. Mohammed Asei Seini - MP, Daboya
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|