The inferno that engulfed Amansan Television (ATV) (located within the Coconut Grove Regency Hotel premises) Saturday was caused by a faulty air conditioning unit, owners of the facility have said.
Portions of the facility owned by business mogul and 2016 Presidential candidate of the Progressive People's Party, Dr Papa Kwesi Nduom through his Groupe Nduom conglomerate was razed down by fire on Saturday evening.
Initial reports indicated that the Coconut Grove Regency Hotel had suffered a lot of damage from the fire, however, a statement issued by Groupe Nduom Corporate Affairs has assured that "the Regency Hotel and its restaurant, guest rooms and conference facilities are intact and were not touched by the fire".
"Somewhere between 5.00 and 5.30pm this afternoon, staff of Amansan Television (ATV) noticed fire burning apparently from the direction of an air conditioning unit in their studio. When alarm, was raised, everyone ran to safety and an urgent call was made to the Ghana Fire Service to come and help put out the fire. Two fire tenders came soon followed by three more," said the statement signed by Richmond Keelson of the Groupe Nduom Corporate Affairs department.
The statement added that the ATV studio and four commercial offices of Groupe Nduom which are on the same block were damaged after the Fire Service personnel were unable to control the blaze which started at the TV studio.
Source: Daily Graphic
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|