Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has apologised to the National Executive Council (NEC) of the main opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) for “rushing” ahead of the party, to concede, after Thursday’s Supreme Court verdict on the election petition trial.
According to the Ashanti regional Chairman of the NPP, Mr. F.F Anto who was in Accra for the NEC meeting on Friday August 30, 2013, the 2012 presidential Candidate of the party has said “sorry” for conceding on the spur of the moment.
Nana Akufo-Addo called President John Mahama on phone on Thursday, right after the apex Court affirmed as “valid”, last year’s presidential results.
In his concession speech, Nana Akufo-Addo said he accepted the verdict despite his “disagreement” and “disappointment” with it.
He also said he had no intentions of filing for a review.
The Christian Council and the National Peace Council have applauded Nana Akufo-Addo’s swift concession.
However, F.F Anto told XYZ News that Nana Akufo-Addo should have delayed his concession, until he had met the National Executive Council, for a collective decision to be announced by the party.
He nonetheless revealed that Nana Akufo-Addo, at Friday’s NEC meeting apologised for jumping ahead of the party in conceding.
“…This afternoon, he has said that he is sorry for it and that it has got to do with his personal pledge to the nation that whatever be the outcome of the Court case he will accept it and that he did that after consulting with Jake and the General Secretary”, Mr. Anto said.
Source: XYZ News
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|