In a post titled ‘Many Heads Must Roll?’ published by Dr Papa Kwesi Nduom on the popular social networking site Facebook, Dr Nduom punched holes in the recent power deal signed by the power minister Dr Kwabena Donkor and Ameri Group reportedly worth $510m to lease a power plant.
Dr Nduom questioned the credibility of the company, the amount involved in the deal and many other factors inolved in the deal.
Read the post below:
So after checks and counter checks, it is true that Ghana’s Minister of Power, Dr. Kwabena Donkor signed deal with Ameri Group worth a reported 510 million dollars to lease a power plant.
What I together with many Ghanaian taxpayers and power users want to know are these:
1. Is it true that the deal was signed with a company with questionable references?
2. Are the principals of Ameri Group a Dubai prince and Umar Farook Zahoor a man wanted for several fraudulent acts in Europe?
3. Is the price tag for the deal inflated?
4. Did cabinet and the presidency do proper due diligence on the Ameri Group and the pricing of the deal given that previous international transactions have suffered credibility tests after the fact? Reference CNTCI and STX Korea.
5. Is power from this transaction an influencing factor in the recent electricity price hike?
I am practicing patience, willing to give benefit of the doubt to President John Dramani Mahama and the Power Minister on this deal. We need answers. Quickly. Otherwise, many heads must roll!
Posted on Facebook by Dr Papa Kwesi Nduom
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|