Aspiring National Communications Director of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Sammy Gyamfi has lambasted President Nana Akufo-Addo and his government claiming they have reduced governance to nothing but "stinking corruption".
According to him, the President assured Ghanaians of several social interventions but has broken his promises and further turned his government into a haven for his cronies.
"...today, the Ghanaian people are living witnesses to the campaign of lies and calumny that led them to reject a hitherto highly-impressive government of His Excellency John Dramani Mahama for a government that has become the greatest deception of our time. Governance in Ghana today has been reduced to a pathetic tale of broken promises, stinking corruption and obscene cronyism".
Sammy Gyamfi said this during a press conference on Tuesday to announce his intention to contest for the position of the NDC National Communications Director.
"...the poor performance of the NDC in the 2016 General Elections completely belies our strong record in government. Deep soul-searching and reflection upon our performance in the 2016 Elections, has confirmed that our party communication machinery was very weak prior to the 2016 General Elections, and this contributed partly to our abysmal showing in the 2016 General Elections.
"This fact motivated some of us to quickly get over the disappointment of our defeat, dust ourselves up and take up the challenge of charting a new course for the Communications Department of the NDC. Throughout this period, many Comrades have encouraged me to take the next step by putting myself up for elective office to serve as the National Communication Officer for the Great NDC. I am glad to inform the teeming supporters of the NDC all across Ghana today that, I have reflected, widely consulted and humbly decided to heed their call".
"Election 2020 is a must win for us", he stated emphatically.
Read full statement below:
Press Conference To Declare My Intention To Contest For The Position Of National Communication Officer Of The NDC
Ladies and gentlemen of the press, fellow Akatamansonians, good morning and welcome to this program. Permit me to use this opportunity to thank our friends from the media for honoring our invitation at such a short notice and for their dutiful service to our nation.
I also wish to specially acknowledge and thank the Honorable Member of Parliament for this Constituency, Hon. Edwin Nii Lante Vanderpuye, the NDC Constituency Chairman and his executives, all NDC branch executives, as well as the rank and file of the NDC in Odododiodio, who are playing host to today's program.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have invited you here this morning to officially declare my intention to contest for the position of National Communication Officer of the NDC in this year's National Delegates Congress of our party.
This forum will also afford me the opportunity to outline my agenda and outdoor the leadership of the team (TEAM SAMMY GYAMFI) who will be managing my candidature in the impending campaign.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the media, the NDC’s performance in government remains unprecedented and incontrovertibly excellent.
Our record of sound and prudent economic management, infrastructural drive, good governance and the rule of law has remained unparalleled over the years.
In spite of this solid record, we were voted out of power in the 2016 General Elections. However, today, the Ghanaian people are living witnesses to the campaign of lies and calumny that led them to reject a hitherto highly-impressive government of His Excellency John Dramani Mahama for a government that has become the greatest deception of our time. Governance in Ghana today has been reduced to a pathetic tale of broken promises, stinking corruption and obscene cronyism.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I dare say that the poor performance of the NDC in the 2016 General Elections completely belies our strong record in government. Deep soul-searching and reflection upon our performance in the 2016 Elections, has confirmed that our party communication machinery was very weak prior to the 2016 General Elections, and this contributed partly to our abysmal showing in the 2016 General Elections.
This fact motivated some of us to quickly get over the disappointment of our defeat, dust ourselves up and take up the challenge of charting a new course for the Communications Department of the NDC.
Throughout this period, many Comrades have encouraged me to take the next step by putting myself up for elective office to serve as the National Communication Officer for the Great NDC. I am glad to inform the teeming supporters of the NDC all across Ghana today that, I have reflected, widely consulted and humbly decided to heed their call.
Comrades, Election 2020 is a must win for us. However, this victory will not come as a mere consequence of the abysmal performance of the Akufo-Addo-led Government. Our strategies, policies and programs going into the 2020 Election must be propelled by research-driven and cutting-edge communication that positions us as a better alternative to the incumbent government.
To achieve this, a Sammy-Gyamfi-led Communication Department will work together with all stakeholders to implement the 10-POINT AGENDA set out below, with the goal of developing a robust, strategic and vibrant communication machinery, capable of delivering victory to the NDC in 2020.
THE 10-POINT AGENDA
1. Restructure and strengthen the Communication Structures of the NDC at all levels to ensure efficiency in our communication setup.
2. SPECIAL INITIATIVES: In a spirit of team work, I will collaborate with all stakeholders to introduce special communication programs and innovations which will expose the deceptions and incompetence of the Akufo-Addo government.
These programs will include:
• Moment of Truth (MOT) Series
• Never Again Series
• Communication for grassroots mobilization
• Community-based outreaches
It is my belief that these special programs will rejuvenate our base and advance the course of the NDC.
3. CONSTANT CAPACITY-BUILDING: The Communications Department under my leadership will constantly train and provide the needed resources for all Regional and Constituency Communication Officers and Teams to effectively perform their roles.
4. RESEARCH-DRIVEN COMMUNICATION: A Sammy Gyamfi-led Communication Department will establish a proactive and responsive Research Department and put in place other information gathering systems for the communication outfit of the party.
5. PANEL PLACEMENT SYSTEM: With the support of the Leadership of the party, we shall overhaul the current panel placement system and introduce a well-coordinated panel placement system for all political talk shows across the length and breadth of the country. We shall also ensure discipline and strict compliance with communication strategy so as to achieve consistency and uniformity in the party's communication machinery.
6. The Communications Department under my leadership shall RECRUIT, TRAIN and MENTOR a new breed of communicators with special consideration for women and the youth through a formalized system.
7. EFFECTIVE INFORMATION DISSEMINATION: Under my leadership, we shall put in place timely, proactive and responsive systems of information dissemination to all communication structures at all levels of the party. This is to ensure availability of information and uniformity in our communications structure.
8. SOCIAL MEDIA: For purposes of prosecuting an aggressive social media campaign towards the 2020 General Elections, I will work with our social media communicators and other stakeholders to establish a well-coordinated Social Media Department and put in place a support system for our Social Media Team.
9. Under my leadership, the communication outfit shall deepen its collaboration with the media, academia, professionals, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and other neutrals in all sectors of our nation, for the advancement of the agenda of the NDC.
10. REWARD HARD-WORK AND LOYALTY.
(Details of these policies will be discussed with delegates at campaign meetings)
Ladies and gentlemen, I am not oblivious of the daunting nature of the task ahead. However, I am convicted by the fact that given the renewed enthusiasm within the NDC, and the confidence of the Ghanaian people in our track record of governance, we shall collectively surmount this task.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the press, I am highly privileged to inform you that my Campaign Team (TEAM SAMMY GYAMFI) which is made up of thousands of party supporters across the ten (10) regions of Ghana shall be headed by Hon. Edwin Nii Lantey Vanderpuye, ( NDC MP for Ododododio). Hon. Nii Lante Vanderpuye has been a great servant of the NDC and a role model to most of the party’s youth including myself.
His unalloyed love for the NDC, his passion for youth development and his desire to see an effective communications department of the NDC, led him to offer to lead this cause as my Campaign Team Chairman. My team and I remain eternally grateful to him.
Ladies and gentlemen, the other members of the leadership of my Team are:
• Abass Adams Nurudeen (Operations Officer)
• Frank Pedro Asare (Deputy Operations Officer)
• David Selassie Anthony, aka “Dee Accra Mayor” (Deputy Operations Officer)
• Baba Musah (Head of Communications)
• Alex Asafo Adjei (Deputy Head of Communications)
• Lawrence Roland Arthur (Deputy Head of Communications)
Ladies and Gentlemen, let me use this opportunity to humbly invite all comrades who desire to see the party adopt a paradigm shift in its communications outfit, to join this team as we work towards victory in this election. You are warmly welcome on board, and I promise never to let you down.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the press, Fellow Akatamansonians, given the high level of despondency in Ghana today, and the massive disappointment of the Ghanaian people in the current government, I have no iota of doubt in my mind that the victory of the NDC is coming again in 2020.
I hereby extend an invitation to all members of the NDC, and all well-meaning Ghanaians to join us as we work to put our nation back on the track of progress, peace and development.
Victory 2020 is possible together and we shall surely win together.
Long Live the NDC!
Long Live Ghana!!
(NDC NATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER HOPEFUL)
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|