NPP First Vice Chairman in Finland, James Mckeown has mocked former President John Dramani Mahama and the National Democratic Congress (NDC) labeling them as “bankrupt of policies” and ideas to improve the lives of Ghanaians.
Mr. Mckeown wondered why the former President is seeking another term in government when his track record is nothing to write home about.
In a statement copied to Peacefmonline.com, the NPP Finland First Vice Chairman was particularly enthused about the quest by the NDC to fetch ideas from Ghanaians but believed “President Mahama and the NDC have realized how bankrupt they are in terms of policies to run the nation. If you recall, less than three years ago, President Mahama was not ready to accept advice or suggestions even from colleague flagbearers. In his words, a person who has never been a president was not fit to advise him. Following that comment, I thought he will be in the best position to proffer ideas since he is now a former president, but no, he is still as incompetent as before”.
He offered a helping hand to the opposition party by giving them new ideas.
“1. The party should give more impetus to the 1 Voter 1 Idea (1V1I) which it has already started. 2. Many Ghanaians are unhappy about how your incompetent administration watched many of our thriving banks to go insolvent. With the intervention of Nana Addo to clean the mess in the banking sector, there are now few but thriving banks and financial institutions in the country. With your 1 Voter 1 Idea (1V1I) at the back of our minds, you can promise to establish more banks in all districts. You may call it Idea Bank. Hence, 1 District 1 Idea Bank. With this type of bank in all the Districts, people will not have to travel to the 20 Million NDC Party Headquarters to submit their ideas”.
Read full statement below;
The Deputy General Secretary
National Democratic Congress
I want to congratulate President John Dramani Mahama and the NDC for the decision to formulate a long-overdue manifesto for the 2020 Elections. Indeed, Ghanaians have been waiting for a long time. Many were those who kept asking whether NDC has got any message for the 2020 elections since the party has not proposed any policy alternative since losing the 2016 elections.
It is a common thing for Political parties to consult experts and interest groups such as the CSOs, trade unions and other identifiable groups for their inputs in drafting a party’s manifesto but to ask about 30 million Ghanaians to bring ideas is indeed unprecedented.
To those who have been taunting the NDC for not introducing any social intervention programmes in the previous John Mahama administration, your introduction of 1 Voter 1 Idea (1V1I) or the 30 million ideas concept even in opposition is a justification of the party’s readiness to correct the bad impression of the NDC as a party bereft of ideas. This idea is, indeed, unparalleled.
I am particularly excited about this project because President Mahama and the NDC have realized how bankrupt they are in terms of policies to run the nation. If you recall, less than three years ago, President Mahama was not ready to accept advice or suggestions even from colleague flagbearers.
In his words, a person who has never been a president was not fit to advise him. Following that comment, I thought he will be in the best position to proffer ideas since he is now a former president, but no, he is still as incompetent as before.
If suggestions from the now incorruptible and performing President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo were not good enough, I wonder what our ideas could do.
One may not be far from right to suggest that you’re 1 Voter 1 Idea is nothing but populist and symptomatic of most so-called social democratic parties such as yours.
The NPP was hired by Ghanaians to manage the affairs of the country less than three years ago based on what they can do. From the very day they were appointed, President JDM and his NDC have been on the rooftop trumpeting to review all the programmes the NPP government is implementing but little did we know that John Mahama had no idea how to go about his so-called reviews until you brought your request to your prospective employers, the Ghanaian people, to give you ideas. I would have expected you to come out with thematic areas to help aggregate the ideas easily, but even that is a problem for you. Obviously, the NDC is out of touch with the very people you seek to serve. This is a classic example of the famous Akan axiom:
‘‘Sɛ kwaterekwa se ɔbɛma wo ntoma a, tie ne din’’
Notwithstanding, I feel obliged as a good citizen to offer some ideas.
1. The party should give more impetus to the 1 Voter 1 Idea (1V1I) which it has already started.
2. Many Ghanaians are unhappy about how your incompetent administration watched many of our thriving banks to go insolvent. With the intervention of Nana Addo to clean the mess in the banking sector, there are now few but thriving banks and financial institutions in the country. With your 1 Voter 1 Idea (1V1I) at the back of our minds, you can promise to establish more banks in all districts. You may call it Idea Bank. Hence, 1 District 1 Idea Bank. With this type of bank in all the Districts, people will not have to travel to the 20 Million NDC Party Headquarters to submit their ideas.
3. The weeding campaign which President Mahama has started is also commendable. The way the party has begun this weeding challenge in all the constituencies, I envisage you could clear all bushes in the country even before the election starts. However, if it is not possible, then you could translate it into a national policy dubbed: 1 voter 1 Cutlass or Mower OR Weeding for Food and Jobs.
4. Since Nana Akufo-Addo has proven to Ghanaians that Free SHS is possible contrary views of the NDC and John Mahama, the party should also see Free Tertiary Education as a possibility and campaign for it. Still, in the education sector, I suggest the introduction of payment of allowances/stipends to the SHS students since you are bereft of ideas to review the Free SHS.
5. As a youthful flagbearer, President John Mahama needs to endear himself to the youth. We are in a technological age, and the internet is now a second home to most Ghanaian youth. Therefore, I suggest a policy to introduce 1 Mobile Phone – Free Internet data. I bet this idea can cancel the 1 million debt you incurred in the 2016 elections.
6. You can also review the Nana Addo’s 1 Village 1 Dam policy and bring 1 Farm 1 Lagoon.
7. Better still, since the NDC is always complaining that the Dams that have been built by Nana Addo for irrigation are not big enough, you may consider 1 Village 1 Sea. This will present former President John Mahama to Ghanaians as a more ambitious candidate.
8. I also want to suggest 1 District 1 Hospice for the party. I must quickly issue this disclaimer that, this is not my original idea because I understand the NPP is already considering that. But, there is nothing wrong having it in your manifesto as well after all, your previous manifesto was almost a carbon copy of the NPP manifesto.
9. Many Ghanaians are not in favour of the winner takes all kind of politics we are running in this country. Many would prefer an inclusive government just as President Kuffour did by hiring people like Papa Kwesi Nduom to serve in his administration. Therefore, I suggest you make it a manifesto promise to make Mr Ken Ofori Attah your Finance Minister. This will help inspire more confidence in the party and make you appear as a party that is ready to do serious business if given the opportunity again. The Kwashiorkor and comatose economy under John Mahama which forced him to run to the IMF for a bailout and policy credibility has been resuscitated, stabilised and booming thanks to this enigmatic Minister, Ken Ofori Attah. You may also decide to declare people like Hon. Isaac Adongo, MP for WA Central persona non-grata to all media houses to represent the party. He makes a mockery of the party and basic economics.
10. Ghanaians are tired of the petroleum and electricity politics. They need a government that can give them better and truthful assurances relative to fuel and electricity increases. I can bet my head that if the party can make it a manifesto promise to make fuel and electricity for all free of charge, you can forget about the bad candidature of John Mahama, 2020 will be fait accompli.
I am highly optimistic all the above suggestions are realistic and achievable. When Nana Addo promised Free SHS, restoration of teachers and nursing training allowances, 1 District 1 Factory, 1 Village 1 Dam, 1 District 1 Warehouse, Nation Builders Corps program, the revival of Ghana’s railways, the Planting for food and jobs, resurrection of the NHIS, the NDC and President John Mahama thought they were just unrealistic campaign promises, but today, the overwhelming results are there for all to see. If you can dream it, it is possible.
I consider my suggested ideas to be the least I could do for a clueless and incompetent candidate. I promise to get back to the Manifesto when I get more ideas. But, I have no doubt my 10 point manifesto policies are more than enough to secure victory for the party in 2020.
Ɛyɛ Zu....ɛyɛ zazaza!
NPP Finland Branch
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|