Razak Grabbed Over Stolen Phones

POLICE IN Tamale have arrested an 18 year old head porter Razak Osman for breaking into a mobile phone shop at Kukuo in the metropolis and making away with a number of phones and other items. His accomplice identified only as Issahaku who is currently on the run is being sought by the police to assist in investigations. The complainant Labiba Abass, a businesswoman based at Kukuo whose shop was looted, disclosed to police that her attention was drawn to the incident after the suspect was arrested by some community volunteers. Giving the facts of the case, police indicated that on the dawn of last Thursday, a community task force patrolling the Dabokpa -Kukuo area flashed a torch light and noticed a human head emerging from the roof of a mobile phone shop. In order to satisfy their curiosity, they rushed to the scene and realized someone was in the locked shop with a ladder leaning by it. One of them volunteered to climb up the ladder and saw the accused person in the shop. Apparently, he created a hole in the roof to help him gain access into the building. He was subsequently arrested after the group detected he had packed up 121 mobile phones, 4 digital cameras, 2 laptop bags, two DVD players and phone accessories all valued at GH˘8,695. He also took GH˘170 from the shop. The items were immediately confiscated after his arrest. He was handed over to the police and in his caution statement he admitted the offence. He told police he was a porter in Bawku and one of his friends in Tamale brought him over to assist him in his business. According to him, He said his friend picked him up on a motorbike and took him to the complainant’s shop. He claimed the friend told him he would give him some money but first he had to get it from the shop which was locked. The two diabolically devised a plan and cut open the roof before gaining entrance to the shop to pave way for Osman to steal the items. It was while he was coming out with the loot that the volunteers chanced upon him. He will be arraigned before court on four counts of conspiracy to steal, causing damage, unlawful entry and stealing.