Man Beheads 2

THE KONOGO District Police command in the Ashanti Region is holding a 42-year-old farmer, who allegedly beheaded two other farmers on their farm on Friday 28, January, 2011. Kwabena Nazar, the suspect, allegedly beheaded Kwaku Agyapong, 52, and Kweku Dogbe, 60, at Anuuso near Patrensa in the Asante Akim North district of the Ashanti Region. After allegedly beheading the two persons, the suspect according to Richard Anaba Salifu, the Konogo District Commander, placed the heads of the deceased beside their bodies. The district police boss told Daily GuideA that his outfit received a complaint about the case around 10pm on Friday. Upon reaching the scene, DSP Salifu noted, the police discovered the body of Kwaku Agyapong lying in a supine position with his head placed it. After conveying the body to the First Class Hospital mortuary, a private mortuary in the area, he said, the police then gathered intelligence that the suspect was hiding at Abosomdwa, a suburb of Konongo. The police swiftly moved to the said suburb where the suspect was arrested from his hideout. During interrogation, DSP Salifu pointed out that the suspect confessed killing the man, noting that he also killed Kweku Dogbe, a farm labourer of the first deceasedís sister, after which he led the police to retrieve the body of the second deceased. According to the district police chief, the suspect told the police that he decided to kill Dogbe because the second deceased suddenly appeared on the scene when he was killing Kwaku Agyapong. Though the suspect has not yet narrated why he committed the heinous crime, DSP Salifu said the police had gleaned that the suspectís father, some 30 years ago, had some litigation over a piece of land with the first deceased. The litigation, the district police commander indicated, lingered on for a long time and even went to the court where Kwaku Agyapong was allegedly ordered by the court to pay a compensation package to the suspectís father and also vacate the land. DSP Salifu narrated that though the suspectís father passed away six years ago, the suspect continued with the litigation and demanded that the first deceased obey the alleged order of the court. Against the backdrop of his continuous refusal to respect the orders of the court, the suspect, the district police boss said, then decided to take the law into his own hands and went straight to the cottage of Kwaku Agyapong and beheaded him. Whilst committing the crime, DSP Salifu said the suspect realised that the second deceased had caught him in the act and therefore decided to kill him as well. He disclosed that the suspect, after murdering the first deceased, entered his room and took away his gun for reasons best known to him. Mr. Salifu stated that the gun the suspect took away and the cutlass he allegedly used in committing the murder were retrieved from his hideout. He indicated that post-mortem examination was currently underway. Commending the residents of the area for the useful information that led to the arrest of the suspect, the district police commander said the suspect would be arraigned by tomorrow.